Equality Diversity and Inclusion
Providing opportunities for all
Squash Wales has a desire and a duty to provide services fairly and without discrimination and is fully committed to the principles of equality of access and opportunity. Squash Wales and its affiliated clubs, has a duty to ensure that no participant, volunteer, job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, ethnic origin, disability,race, colour, parental or marital status, nationality, religious belief or sexual preference or to be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be relevant to the requirements of the activity.
Squash Wales promise to:
- Lead clubs to be inclusive, so they provide squash which reflect the diversity of life in Wales
- Achieve the preliminary level of equality in sport [see Equality Standard for Sport here]
- In partnership with Disability Sport Wales, gain the Ribbon and Bronze inSport award [Learn more here]
- Develop and expand successful projects and best practice in different areas of Wales to target hard-to-reach groups.
- Grow the structure and opportunities within disability Squash in Wales
- Offer more accessible and affordable squash in areas of poverty in Wales, ensuring more children are healthy and active
- Grow a strong Squash provision and commitment to the Welsh language